Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week 28: Citrus - Lime Yogurt Cake with Raspberry Sauce


For our citrus week, I thought that I would pull a recipe from our beloved smittenkitchen.com. This cake is easy enough that even the non-bakers out there can pull it off without worry.

Not only is it easy; it is (almost) healthy!

My wife is not a fan of blackberries for some reason. She prefers raspberries. But that's OK, because this cake is really a great canvass for you to mix and match whatever flavors you like. I will probably go with lemon next time, since it goes perfectly with raspberries.

The recipe for this Lime Yogurt Cake with Blackberry Sauce is available from the source.

I used 2% Greek yogurt.

Zest and juice your lime

Whisk together the "wet" ingredients

Add in the eggs

I love this sieve! Got it from IKEA for like $4

Sift the dry ingredients into the wet

Stir everything together

Drop it all in the pan and put it in the oven

Sauces don't get much easier

Best product ever advertised on late night TV

There's that sieve again

Let cool and then remove the springform


No comments:

Post a Comment