Sunday, June 10, 2012

Week 23: 20 Minutes or less - Pasta, Ham, Peas, and Scrambled Eggs!!!

 This week's theme was especially suited to my weekend activities, which included watching the Bonnaroo webcast and drinking a lot of beer. There are so many great bands playing that I wouldn't have time for more than 20 minutes to cook dinner.

Even though I love to watch cooking competition shows on TV, I should know better than to think that I was capable of that shit.

FUCK YOU 52WEEKS!!

I attempted to make Jaime Olivers Penne Carbonara with a few twists. I made pasta and scrambled eggs.  The damn timer was beeping and I poured the eggs in and the skillet was still screaming hot and what the fuck else was I supposed to do, because the damn timer was beeping, beeping, beeping, beeping.

I will say that my wife said she loved it. Which she always does. Then she asked if she could eat it for dinner tonight, which would be a positive sign, but she is pregnant, so eh...

Here we go!


Timer is set. Water for the pasta is boiling in two pots.

Separating the eggs.

I still had to shell all of those peas! Took a lot of time.

Threw the peas in the water for the last 30 seconds.

BLECH! Scrambled Eggs!

1 comment:

  1. Ok. I wasn't allowed to edit this, but basically, it's my fault. I told him he had to use the peas. I wanted credit for growing the peas. If he hadn't been shelling the peas, he would have been good on time. If he hadn't been so rushed due to the peas, he would have mixed everything in the cooler pasta pot and gotten a sauce, rather than scrambled eggs in the screaming hot skillet. And then maybe, someday in the future, this could become a regular weeknight meal. Because pregnant or not, it was good.

    ReplyDelete